Sons of AMVETS is a nationwide service organization comprised of male descendants of American veterans. As part of the AMVETS family we are united in service and dedicated to improve quality of life, advocate legislation for increased benefits and care, provide and support charitable assistance to veterans, their families, and community.
Eligibility for membership in the Sons of AMVETS shall be limited to all male descendants, grandsons, adopted sons and stepsons, fathers, husbands, widowers, and brothers of members of AMVETS and the deceased members of AMVETS, or the personnel who died and would have been eligible for membership in the parent organization, and are at least eighteen (18) years of age and is not eligible for membership in the parent organization. This is not to include in-laws of any type.
Sons of AMVETS Preamble
We, the Sons of AMVETS (American Veterans), fully realizing our responsibility to our parents, community, State and Nation, associate ourselves for the following purposes:
- To uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America;
- To safeguard the principles of freedom, liberty and justice for all;
- To promote the cause of peace and goodwill amongst nations;
- To maintain the freedom of our country;
- To preserve the fundamentals of democracy;
- To perpetuate the friendships and associations of the AMVET organization; and
- To dedicate ourselves to the cause of mutual assistance...this by the Grace of God.
Membership Application Forms.
If you are interested in joining, contact the nearest AMVETS Post to learn more about the Sons of AMVETS and where the nearest Sons Squadron is located. If you would like an Membership Application form, simply click on the below attachment.